Surf Lifesaving plays a key role in the community in providing a safe and supportive environment in which young people can grow and develop into young adults.
The youth of Surf Life Saving are not only the key to our future but in many cases are leading the way now. With over nearly half of our membership under the age of 18, they are critical to all aspects of surf lifesaving.
With over 50,000 members under the age of 18, Surf Lifesaving offers young people a heap of different opportunities. While enjoying the beach lifestyle you:
- really give back to the community
- make lifelong friendships
- learn valuable beach and surf safety
- rescue and resuscitation skills
- develop self-confidence and strong leadership attributes